Go to the ant, O sluggard;
(Proverbs 6:6-11, ESV)
Couple things you'll notice about the ant:
1. The ant is looking ahead.
There's really nothing wrong when the ant starts working. I think the key difference between the ant and the sluggard is that the ant has the imagination to see a future scenario, even though everything is perfectly fine in the "summer".
2. For the ant, there was a time in the future when work would not be possible (Winter)
Again, I think this is just foresight and imagination.
3. The ant pwns n00bs in the future while the person who was only living for the next day/week/month gets pwned
Self-explanatory.
Let me close w/ a very tangible outworking of this. But think about what this means for us as citizens of a different world (where we only have so long to plant seeds, to love others, to minister!)
Fast forward to 1:09:
Of course you would find a way to bring Dave into it ha....but a good illustration! I bet that ant in scripture was investing like brother 1 but then maybe kept investing instead of going down to zero :-)
ReplyDelete