Monday, March 24, 2014

Proverbs 24

Perseverance... That's a word that comes to mind when I read this chapter! We must build our strength only in The Lord! When making life decisions-seek wisdom and advise from those wise individuals in our lives! :)

Verse 10 states "If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small". That verse sticks out to me because the hard times in life are really what challenge our character and who we really are! When we are put under pressure, the real self is fully exposed! I feel that these are opportunities where we see if we really do look like Christ and represent him!  I start to ask myself how do I respond when I am under pressure? Whether it is at work, with a friend or just any random conversation or experience- haha maybe even traffic! Traffic can actually be one of the best times in our day well, this is a looooong stretch but, just think about all those people TOGETHER in traffic.... (I'm starting to go on a bunny trail, I'm just going to stop myself right here!)

What I mean to say is when we are challenged or in trouble we are growing stronger each time in or experiences!!

The chapter goes on to say many more truths about being honest and fearing The Lord! FOR REAL! This reminds to to just think about what The Lord has to say- not anyone else!

My question to all of you is how to interpret verses 32-34?! Which is a thought/analogy to vs. 30-31. I've been reading it over and over and have come the the consensus that laziness and business are he worst! That when we think "I'll do it tomorrow," "I just want to sleep longer or take a nap," or even "yes, let's add just one more thing to my super busy crazy schedule!" These are some extremes because God calls us to rest, to take time to be in his presence and not keep ourselves too busy.  I have realized I hate business- I now manage time the way I want to- I like those  "breather times" :) the times where I am not doing something every night or every weekend- or at least not with other people! I love the times where I just go and see what the day will bring! Spontaneity!  OH MY- God calls us to live  a spontaneous life! Okay he does not actually say that but, the Holy Spirit leads and he may lead  some crazy adventures and we need to be ready!!  He also calls us to live with a purpose, to not sit around and be lazy and just barely keep ourselves occupied. We are called to LIVE LIFE! Live a life for God's glory!  So let's persevere with the strength of our Lord through every  experience  that is the best or the worst!!

Rynae :)

No comments:

Post a Comment