Thursday, April 4, 2013

1 Corinthians 10-12

I love reading chapter 12 and how it talks about spiritual gifts.  Often I will look at someone else and wish I had the gifts that person did (such as being able to speak up in front of others without sweating).  This passage reminds me that God creates each one of us for a reason and to serve a purpose in his kingdom.  If we were all the same, we wouldn't be as effective as a body.  It just reminds us how amazing God is and how great is his plan for our lives.

This chapter also reminds me how important it is to be united as the body of Christ.  We were created to work together.  And because of this, we are told to support each other as well, in the good times as well as the bad.

vs 25-26: "so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment