Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Revelation 16-18

The phrase that stuck out to me while reading this passage was in Revelation 16:

       vs. 9- "they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him"
       vs. 11- "and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done"

I think it stuck out to me so much, because it saddened me when I read that.  When something hard happens in my life, I sometimes will question God as to why this is happening, but ultimately he is the one to give me strength to endure through it, and I can feel him with me through it.  Unbelievers in this passage, have the opposite response.  They can't see that God is the one who can heal them, and turn it around.  It makes me so thankful to know Jesus and to be called his child, and reminds me to be a witness, so those who don't believe don't have to suffer through hard times without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment